Eisteddfod excels againTHE Great Southern Star Eisteddfod was bigger and better than ever this year, with more than 600 performances taking place over three days of competition.
Tanya Bolam, president of the eisteddfod committee, said the event ran smoothly across the three days.
“We had some fantastic feedback and there was a buzz of excitement at the eisteddfod throughout the whole weekend,” she said.
The major prize of the eisteddfod, the Mirboo North and District Community Bank Rising Star award, was awarded to Heidi Freeman from KC’s School of Dance in Warragul.
Mirboo North and District Community Bank Best Troupe award was given to Lisa Pellin Dancers 12 and under tap for The Coffee Song.
Summer school scholarships were awarded to Alexandra Brand and Sophie Lecchino for Dance World Studios, Rebekah Symons for the Dance Factory, Grace Hilton for the Australian Ballet, Claudia Bolam, Sophie-Rose Beaty and Bobbie-Lee Sedgman, for the National Theatre Ballet School, Emily Jeffrey for Jason Coleman’s Ministry of Dance and Heidi Freeman for McDonald College.
- RSL Encouragement Awards: Brodie Tallon, Ruby Adkins, Hannah Vanderzalm, Chloe Adkins, Morgan Bolam and Gemma Richards;
- Bass Coast Ballet School Inc Most Potential Awards: Taya Cameron, Shinae Cruise, Lauren Dodge, Jessica Roberts, Emmerson Nooy and Amy Charlton;
- Junior classical champions: Heidi Freeman, first, Molly McKenzie, second and Claudia Bolam was third.
Honourable mentions were given to Grace Hilton and Jessica Roberts;
- Senior classical championse: Emily Jeffrey, first, Emmerson Nooy, second and Alexandra Brand was third.
Honourable mentions were given to Cobie Kinnish, Ash King, Morgan Bolam and Jasmine Susic;
- Junior tap champions: Heidi Freeman first, Alexandra Dodge, second and Chloe Adkins was third.
Honourable mentions were given to Sophie Lecchino, Carolyn Crisp and Jordyn Spiero;
- Senior tap champions: Emily Jeffrey, first, Rebekah Symons, second and Hayley Norton was third.
Honourable mentions were given to Ash King, Maddison Spiero and Lauren Mitchelson;
- Junior jazz champions: Claudia Bolam, first, Heidi Freeman, second and Jessica Roberts was third.
Honourable mentions were given to Chloe Adkins, Molly McKenzie, Grace Hilton and Sophie Lecchino; and
- Senior jazz champions: Emily Jeffrey, first, Alexandra Brand, second and Rebekah Symons was third.
Honourable mention was given to Emmerson Nooy.
Short URL: http://thestar.com.au/?p=4135