|

Snake bites boy

A BOY survived being bitten by a snake in Leongatha last week.

Leongatha’s Jaiden Beasley, 17, was bitten by a snake in Parr Street on Monday (October 19).

Although he did not see the snake, Jaiden felt something hit the inside of his right ankle and realised what had happened when he discovered two puncture wounds.

He was taken to Leongatha Hospital and then transported to Latrobe Regional Hospital at Traralgon.

He suffered headaches and other symptoms, but a blood test revealed it was a dry bite – meaning the snake did not leave any venom in his blood stream.

The doctors told his family Jaiden was extremely lucky, as the wound revealed he was bitten by a small snake, which are considered more dangerous.

He was kept in hospital overnight for monitoring, but has recovered from the incident.

Jaiden’s family encouraged people to be alert during the warmer months, particularly since there have already been several snake sightings in rural areas.

Short URL: http://thestar.com.au/?p=16455

Posted by on Oct 27 2015. Filed under News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Recently Commented

  • wstaton: I guess it means he will not be able to attend any council meetings saving us ratepayers his claims for...
  • rojo: Awesome work Lynette
  • vbresident: I read Ms Page’s offering and nearly choked laughing. We have a property on the second estate in...
  • brad: Hi Robbie. Would you like your comments to run as a letter to the editor too? If so, we just need your full...
  • robbiemc: The local council should not be wasting ratepayers money to build a rail trail. And more to the point there...