|

Woman’s fire escape

A LEONGATHA home caught fire on Saturday at 1pm in Horn Street.

A 39 year old lady was asleep in bed and awoken by the fire in her bedroom.

The smoke detector didn’t go off due to it being outside the bedroom and the door was closed.

The lady was awoken by a room full of smoke.

She rushed to get her 18 year old son out of the house.

Luckily her husband arrived home just after they got out and he got the fire under control by using a garden hose through the bedroom window.

The cause of the fire is recognised to be accidental.

Physical damage was contained in the bedroom and water leaked throughout the house.

The electrics were destroyed and the South Gippsland Shire emergency management arranged alternative accommodation for the family for the meantime.

Short URL: http://thestar.com.au/?p=20870

Posted by on Mar 21 2017. Filed under News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Recently Commented

  • gigamax1: These shops are just a bad investment,admittedly made no better by the bypass, but even if the bypass came...
  • vbresident: I applaud Cr. Jim Fawcett on his work-related ethics, which are reminiscent of past Councils. I can...
  • reality: After the board meeting where the Department of Health Secretary was again there to discuss some of the...
  • cmac: How about dog owners just walk with their dogs on a leash, and a rubbish bag? That way everyone is considered....
  • franc: “The landfill will have a base layer of one meter of clay” This sounds like a dam and if the water...