Gas sparks dental fire


Gas sparks dental fire

In control: Koonwarra CFA members George Witherow and Anthony Clemann watch after evacuating vehicles from Leongatha’s Lyon Street.



A FIRE at a dental clinic in Leongatha yesterday (Monday) was contained quickly.

Staff extinguished the small blaze, after a gas leak caused an instrument to catch fire.

Leongatha and Koonwarra CFA brigades attended as a precaution, as did Leongatha Police.

Lyon Street was closed to traffic for about 30 minutes after the incident was reported to 000, about 9.15am.

Firefighters inspected the clinic, in the second storey, and soon declared the premises safe.

Leongatha CFA captain Tristan Morton-Pedersen praised dental staff.

“The staff have done well and kept calm and extinguished the fire,” he said.

Short URL: /?p=7114

Posted by on May 14 2013. Filed under Featured, News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Share your love

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *